Here is an interesting map of the United States specifying the most commonly spoken language other than English or Spanish according to state.
See the full article here.
CSE is hosting a trip to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival and Woodburn Outlet Mall on Saturday, May 3rd! Transportation provided. Sign-up sheet is on the second bulletin board. Here is a list of events from Tulip Fest 2014:
- Tulip Fields
- Tulip & Daffodil Display area
- 4 Acre Wooden Shoe Event Garden
- Children’s Play Area: Duck races, slides, swings
- Onsite food Court
- Tram/haywagon: free ride to field
- Gift Shop
- Tulip Market
- Photo Cut-out Boards
- Cow Train: $2 per person (for the young at heart)
- Field Buggy: $3 per person (elderly friendly)
- Crafters Market Place
- Pony Rides ($5 – under 80 lbs)- weather dependant
- Authentic Mexican Food
- Dutch Sausage provided by: Mt. Angel Sausage Company
- Wooden Shoe Making Demonstrations
- Steam tractors- weather dependant
- You-Pick Tulip Area: $.75 per stem or 20+ $.50 per stem
- Wine Tasting: 12 noon- 5pm Located in Field Greenhouse
- Weather permitting- Activities run by MADJEK- Jump Tents & Events Jump Tents, Bungie Jumper, Pony Rides, Rock Wall, & Zip Line ($3-$7)
- New in 2014:
- New in 2014 Archery Tag: $5.00 per person- 10 minute game of dodge ball with blunted bows and arrows
- New in 2014 Paint Ball Shoot: $5.00 per person-Climb onto our paint ball shooter and paint the tulips, 50 paintballs included in price.
Here is a interesting infographic from Abroadee’s blog showing how people from different countries “laugh” online. Click the link below to see the original post.
Really good advice on writing an English resume.
Using media to learn English can be a very helpful way to learn expressions, idioms and conversation. Because learning a new language is also about learning a new culture, using music, movies and TV shows can expose you to the culture, sense of humor and morals associated with that language. This infographic from Kaplan shows statistics on media methods English learners have found to be successful in aiding their study of the language. What methods do you use?
This stunning video is from The Seven Wonders of Oregon website. You can find trip ideas, attractions, places to stay and learn all about Oregon’s cities and regions.